Choosing your farmerswife server is like choosing between buying and leasing a car: each has specific advantages. Some companies prefer the accessibility of the cloud server, while others prefer the physical control of a local server.
What works for you today, might not suit your needs tomorrow, and each comes with a different cost structure.
In order to decide the best fit for your business, let us quickly review the advantages of both cloud server and local server:
Pros of Cloud Servers
- Scalability – The cloud allows you to easily and quickly add more storage, more memory, and more computing power. Adding any of this to an existing server is only a few clicks away and we will do that work for you
- farmerswife cloud – Hosted, maintained and supported directly by farmerswife support personnel only (product upgrades, service packs, backups, user and security management, and configuration)
- Support – Complete system administration support, incl provisioned test databases as requested for Quality Assurance
- Low Capital Expense – You’ll still need to purchase software licenses, but your investment in hardware is greatly reduced by moving to the cloud. This allows small companies to get up and running quickly.
- Security – NGINX Web Application Firewall (based on ModSecurity software) helps to protect against attacks, loss of sensitive data, and downtime due to malicious attempts
- Cloud tools platform – based on Alpine Linux Docker containers and farmerswife servers based on Ubuntu Docker containers
- Proactive backups and database analysis
- API integration capabilities for any cloud or on-premises system
Pros of Local Server
- Local servers act as a dedicated resource for your company. The entire local server is utilized by a single organization, and thus provides comprehensive control over the server
- Local servers are highly effective, as the machines can directly interact with the local server without a virtualization layer that is present in case of cloud servers.
- If CapEX is preferred to pay upfront instead of a monthly subscription
- If you have to store your data in-house for legal reasons.
Read more about our system requirements for local server here
Still not sure? Fill in the form and we will get back to you with more info!
Fill in the form and we will send you more info and a quote.